Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Temple

Today I had a mission to find the temple, I have had school off because of the holiday so I knew it would be okay for me to find something new, which would mean also getting lost for a couple hours. BUT I DIDN'T GET LOST! I was so impressed with myself, but then realized, Heavenly Father was probably helping me out, because I was going to the temple.

Here are some of the sites I passed while getting there: These two pictures were taken while I was on the subway, the subway goes right over this body of water. Taking pictures through the window does not do it justice. It was gorgeous. (Going off on a tangent... I know I have mentioned this before but, South Korea really is a beautiful place. It must be all the rain. It really looks like paradise to me! I feel so blessed that I have this opportunity to live here, its crazy, this place already holds a special place in my little heart!)

The next picture is of Seoul. Right when I got of the subway I came up and saw this. Its awesome! It reminds me of New York City, but a lot nicer. 

To get to the temple from my apartment, you then walk to the subway station, take two different lines, and then walk about ten minutes. I am so blessed! Many people are hours away, but I am very close.

When I got to the temple I was so excited! I was taking pictures and all of a sudden a man peeked out from inside the temple walls. He came out and spoke to me, he and his wife are serving a mission in Korea, they are from Utah. He invited me to do a session, and I pointed out that I was in jeans. He said that was fine.
I walked in, the temple is very small, and I rented clothes and did a session. I had a translator box thing. It was wonderful.  I got to do the whole thing in English. It was so cool to do a session in South Korea!  The church really is the same everywhere! I was looking at all the Korean people that were there with me, thinking even though we grew up in totally different places with a different culture we still worship the same God and have the same beliefs. It made me so happy and it was an overwhelming thought.I was so happy to have that opportunity.  I am looking forward to going back again soon.

On my way home I also didn't get lost, I was so surprised! I am getting used to this place and although I am still a loner, I don't mind it, this city is enough to keep me busy!

 I took a lot of pictures... and here they are!







1 comment:

  1. It looks gorgeous. Can't wait to visit. Glad you had a wonderful experience at the temple. I bet it's unique to be the American with the translater box.

    ReplyDelete