Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Few Odds and Ends

Well there are many things that I have been meaning to write down, but have not found the time. So today, Sunday, is my day to catch up.

So, did I mention I LOVE MY STUDENTS? I love them. They are so funny. Sometimes they say things and I cannot help but laugh, even when they are right in front of me.

Example: I was observing a class and this is what happened...
Teacher: We are going to talk about the different seasons and what you see in those seasons. Let's start with Spring, what do you see in the Springtime?
Student: People!
Teacher: No, you see people all year.


Another thing I get a kick out of...perms. Perms are very popular with the little boys. There is one little boy who has a perm and wears a lot of "Roxy" clothing... (girl's version of Quicksilver), and to top it off, he has a girl's name. I am still not convinced he is actually a he.

Now, you know how little girls always fight over the color pink? "I want the pink crayon", "I want the pink scissors", "I want the pink sticker". Well in Korea, its much harder because not only are the girls fighting over pink, but the boys are as well. One of my girls was complaining that she wanted the pink crayon and I looked over, a little boy was stubbornly hanging onto it saying, "No!".
 The following picture will further prove my point...

Ladies, how would you like for this to be your man? Please notice the purse (don't you dare say it is not a purse), capris and most importantly, the stance.
This was a huge ad in the subway station.  (But I have to admit, Korean boys are definitley growing on me, and not all wear stuff that make me feel more masculine then they).

So as for my branch, I really like my branch. I have a great branch president, great singles and great families. I feel so blessed. The building is funny, it is three stories high, located in an ally where it blends in with the other buildings. I will have to post pictures soon.

I have really grown accustom to the subway and getting myself around. I love it.... maybe the reason I love it is because I can go anywhere, and one thing I have really learned to love is the shopping. Im serious, I cant even believe it. A friend of mine took me to this place in Seoul... you walk into this building and then... well, you are history. You could spend all day in it. Apparently all the clothes in this place could clothe the world. I believe it. Its crazy insane, and if any of you like L.A. fashion district shopping... you would salivate over this.

Anyways on my way home from that night of shopping, I had some trouble. The last subway is goes out at midnight. I caught on of my rides but when I had to transfer to a differnet line. It was too late. The picture to the left is me, being a lone rider on the subway. Long story short, I had to get a taxi, driver could not understand my horrible Korea, ended up some place far from home. Needless to say, I am writing from my apartment, so I made it.


 Something else that is weird is that in a lot of shops, Koreans have dogs. like this one. If you know me, you know I LOVE dogs, like, more than some people, so I always get really excited. But the dogs are always very timid... and their owners yell at them a lot. I should kidnap the dogs in the city, set them free.


This picture I took when I was in Seoul. Its really pretty, it was a river below the ground level and people walk a long side of it.







 This picture is a building that long ago marked something having to do with Seoul and how a wall was built around it... ehh, I don't remember but it was very pretty and very Asian.
Last but not least, some things never change. 
Until next time. Love you all.

3 comments:

  1. Love reading about your adventures but dad and I don't want to hear about your traveling home alone at midnight. Please be more careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popo thinks the dog in the market might be a dinner entree...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha.. popo would say that.. and I bet momo got mad at him.

    ok basically what you are tellin me, is that the boys dress like blake. cool.. I can handle that.. afterall he's better looking than all the girls at byu-idaho.

    ReplyDelete